Thursday, September 29, 2016

Accurail's new C&NW 1200 series wood reefers

Just bought a pair of these at B&G Trainworld and they're some of the best paint jobs I've seen from Accurail. I've got another pair on order with Lombard Hobbies.  I've seen photo's of C&NW wood reefers with Yellow and Green sides, and the older ones with Grey sides but I had never seen a solid yellow side before on a wood reefer.

So I wrote Accurail and Eric Cote responded,
The photo of that paint scheme came from the book The Great Yellow
Fleet by John White.  It's on page 83 and it even has a caption that
specifically points out the colors. 
That's the only photo I was ever able to find.  All the others are in
the green bottom/yellow top like you mentioned, or the older light gray ones.
And here's a picture from Accurail, 


A nice addition to my C&NW freight car roster

No comments: